Guides of Good Practice
Natural England's Common Land Toolkit
Natural England have published (April 2011) practical guidance for those involved with common land which remains under practical agricultural management by farmers and commoners. They can be used by practitioners seeking the sustainable management of commons to provide the widest possible range of public benefits.
Federation of Cumbria Commoners Guides of Good Practice
The Federation of Cumbria Commoners prepared a series of Guides of Good Practice on key issues in order to help Commons Associations promote good management. There are 9 of these Guides, the latest versions of which can be downloaded by clicking on the following items.
- Grazing and Stock Management: summary
- Vegetation Management: summary - full code
- Agri-environment Schemes: summary - full code
- Direct Marketing: summary - full code
- Integrated Planning: summary - full code
- Animal Health: summary
- Commercial Marketing: summary
- Organising Associations: summary
- Access on Commons: full code
The Guides have been prepared with support from a range of experts and experienced commoners.